Making Sparks Fly at the Highland Repair Shop by Kiley Dunbar

Blurb: Euan Sparks is back in town, newly self-employed and newly mortified after a disastrous first job threatens his fledgling electrician business. Can he prove that he belongs in Cairn Dhu?

Peaches McDowell is a gifted fashion student on the brink of her Master’s showcase. She’s focused, ambitious and bound tightly within the expectations of her formidable mother. Romance is a distraction she can’t afford. But when a crisis throws Peaches and Euan together at the repair shop, a spark is ignited…

Meanwhile, repair shop founder’s wife Roz McIntyre is also facing a turning point: a marriage in need of attention, an empty nest and the worrying question of what comes next.

As Beltane approaches and the town prepares for its wild and wonderful spring celebrations, can Peaches, Euan, Roz – and her husband – find the courage to let sparks fly?

Review: Making Sparks Fly sees a welcome return to the Highland Repair Shop, with its cast of fabulous characters, gorgeous scenery, and tasty treats. I've said it before, and will undoubtedly say it when I review the last book of this series, but these stories are truly hugs in prose form. Warm and comforting.

The main couple of Making Sparks Fly is a little younger than the previous ones, though that doesn't detract from the romance at all imo (though I still prefer a more seasoned romance). Euan Sparks is trying to set himself up in business but is carrying wounds from an abusive post. Peaches McDowell is on the cusp of an incredible fashion career... if her interfering mother will just keep her nose out.

Then there is Roz McIntyre, who's finding her empty nest more difficult to deal with than she imagined, especially when hubby Charlie is either distracted or absent. A situation that I found myself resonating with more than I would like!

Within the pages of this book, these two couples - and Peaches' mum - find not just love but futures that are as hopeful as the wishes made on Beltane night.

As with all of Kiley's books, Making Sparks Fly can be read on its own, though I've no idea why you'd want to! I certainly recommend reading the first two books before this. It'll enhance your experience.

Comments